Sodium nitrate is a colorless transparent or white micro strip yellow diamond crystal, which tastes bitter and salty, soluble in water and liquid ammonia, slightly soluble in glycerin and ethanol, and easy to be deliquesced, especially in a very small amount of sodium chloride impurities, the deliquesce of sodium nitrate is greatly increased, when dissolved in water, when the solution temperature is reduced, the solution is neutral, when heated, sodium nitrate is easy to be decomposed into sodium nitrite and oxygen. So, what are the application fields and precautions of sodium nitrate? Hengyi chemical will share with you and look at them together!
Application of sodium nitrate
1. Enamel industry is mainly used as flux, oxidizer and raw material of enamel powder.
2. The glass industry is used as decolorizer, defoamer, clarifier and oxidation flux for all kinds of glass and products.
3. Non starvation industry is used as decolorizer in the manufacture of molten caustic soda and other nitrates.
4. As an agent of meat processing, food industry can prevent meat from deteriorating and play a role of seasoning.
5. Fertilizer industry is used as quick acting fertilizer for acid soil, especially for root crops such as beet and radish. The dye industry is used as a raw material for the production of picric acid and dyes.
6. Suitable for heat treatment of steel, aluminum alloy, metallurgy and other industries. Mechanical city industry is used as the preparation of metal cleaning agent and black metal blue agent.
7. The pharmaceutical industry uses it as a culture medium for penicillin. The cigarette industry is used as an accelerant of tobacco.
8. In analytical chemistry, it is used as a chemical reagent. It is also used in the production of explosives.
Use of sodium nitrate
Sodium nitrate is mainly used as corrosion inhibitor and boiler metal embrittlement inhibitor in the field of water treatment. When sodium nitrate is used as the inhibitor of metal embrittlement, it should be used together with sodium hydroxide and keep a certain proportion. Adding sodium nitrate to the low pressure boiler system can prevent the embrittlement of metal materials. In addition, other fields have also been widely used.
Sodium nitrate can prevent food from spoilage and ensure safe consumption. Large doses can be used in insecticides and rodenticides. In addition, sodium nitrate has many industrial uses, including chemical fertilizer, photochemistry and metal casting industry.
Sodium nitrate is also a salt used in the production of fertilizers, explosives and rocket propellants. The use of sodium nitrate also includes preservation of meat as a preservative. Sodium nitrate has antibacterial properties and can prevent carrion poisoning. Many people may not know that some green leafy vegetables also contain a lot of sodium nitrate.
As we all know, nitrate and nitrite are closely related to cardiovascular diseases, while excessive consumption of processed meat, such as fire legs and sausages, is related to cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension and arteriosclerosis. Experts warn that eating too much meat with sodium nitrate can also cause migraines.
Sodium nitrate was originally mined in Chile's Atacama Desert, the driest desert on earth. Atacama is also one of the most mineral rich areas. Although sodium nitrate has a negative impact on health, the lack of sodium nitrate will make meat difficult to store and transport, and easy to deteriorate.