Potassium dihydrogen phosphate has a high value in agricultural production, and its appearance is very similar to magnesium sulfate, industrial waste salt, ammonium carbonate, hormones and so on. This gives some illegal vendors a chance to make counterfeit sales. Identifying and purchasing real potassium dihydrogen phosphate is the basis of guaranteeing the effect.
1. Price: The regular price of potassium dihydrogen phosphate 200 grams is about 6-7 yuan, and the market price is less than 4 yuan or even about 2 yuan, which is obviously a fake.
2. Look at the packaging: There will be a striking word "potassium dihydrogen phosphate" on the packaging. The implementation standard is HG2321-92. The total nutrient content is over 86%, of which P2O5 is over 52%, K2O is over 34%. There are no other words such as "Type I, Type II, genuine products, trace elements, compound, improved" and so on, which can be regarded as fake.
3. Smell: Real potassium dihydrogen phosphate is a white tasteless crystal, which smells fake. After burning and exposure, it is tasteless. The odorous description is adding hormones or fake.
4. Taste: Real potassium dihydrogen phosphate is slightly salty. Take a few pills and put them in your mouth. If the bitterness may be magnesium sulfate, if it is very salty, it may be sea salt.
5. Burn with fire: Take a small amount of potassium dihydrogen phosphate and put it on the iron sheet. If it dissolves into a transparent liquid and solidifies into a translucent object after cooling, it is the real product.
6. Water-soluble method: Put soda into potassium dihydrogen phosphate solution, if there are a large number of bubbles, it is genuine, if there is flocculent precipitation, it is fake.