Potassium hydroxide is a white flake solid chemical raw material widely used in various fields, generally used in industries such as pharmaceuticals and daily chemicals. Since this product is widely used, we should have a deeper understanding of it. As a basic chemical raw material, what are its properties and stability? Let's take a look today.
1. Dissolution: When exposed to air, it is easy to absorb carbon dioxide and water, gradually becoming potassium carbonate. It is easily soluble in water and emits a large amount of heat when dissolved. It has strong water absorption and can absorb water from the air to dissolve, gradually transforming carbon dioxide into potassium carbonate. Potassium hydroxide is soluble in ethanol and slightly soluble in ether. Strong alkalinity, strong corrosiveness, and similar properties to caustic soda. Can cause burns. It easily absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide from the air.
2. Stability: Stable
3. Prohibited compounds: strong acids, flammable or combustible, carbon dioxide, anhydride, acyl chloride
4. Conditions to avoid contact: humid air
5. Polymerization hazard: non polymerization
6. Decomposition product: potassium oxide.
The above is an introduction to the properties and stability of potassium hydroxide. From the content introduced in the above article, we know that this product is deliquescent and has good stability. Editor ttp://www.jinhao360.com I believe that it is necessary to have a thorough understanding of the product before use, in order to better assist us in operation, fully utilize the advantages of the product, and ensure work efficiency.