If accidents such as sodium hydroxide leakage occur due to negligence, we must strictly comply with the treatment specifications, because it is toxic and can cause certain harm to people, and there are no signs before the accident occurs, so the following matters needing attention in accident treatment need to be looked at:
1. Attentions in Wearing Personal Protective Devices
(1) Attention should be paid to the selection of personal protective devices, and appropriate protective devices should be selected according to the nature of different accidents.
(2) Attention should be paid to the correct wearing of personal protective devices, especially gas masks, which should be closely combined with their own faces.
(3) Before use, it is necessary to check whether the protective devices are in good condition and not to use defective or invalid ones.
2. Notes on the Use of Emergency Rescue Equipment
(1) The equipment used must be explosion-proof so as to avoid new dangers.
(2) The sodium hydroxide fire extinguishing agent used should be compatible with the extinguishing substance.
(3) Before use, the emergency rescue equipment shall be inspected for completeness, and no defective or invalid emergency rescue equipment shall be used.
3. On-site emergency response capability confirmation and personnel safety protection
(1) According to the development of the situation, if it is not controlled within a short period of time, the scope of emergency response should be expanded immediately and the society should be asked for reinforcement.
(2) If other secondary disasters occur, the unrelated personnel should be evacuated to 300 meters away; when the situation develops to affect the entire plant area, they should immediately evacuate to safe locations outside the plant area and send evacuation information to the surrounding units.
4. Notices after Emergency Rescue
(1) Inventory of disaster relief personnel.
(2) Investigate the use of emergency materials and update and maintain them in time.
That is to say, in the face of sodium hydroxide accident treatment, we should strengthen prevention from four aspects: protective devices, emergency rescue equipment, personnel safety protection and treatment after emergency, in order to prevent the occurrence of secondary accidents.