It is believed that everyone knows that concrete is a necessary product in the construction field. Under the erosion of carbon dioxide, water, chloride ion, sulfate and other media, the damage will accelerate. In order to prolong the service life, Wuhan potassium hydroxide is usually added to the concrete. But do you know what its effect on concrete is? Let's introduce it to you.
1. Freeze thaw resistance. The volume weight of the concrete mixed with it is larger than that when it is not added, which indicates that it has good compactness and therefore has better frost resistance.
2. Dry shrinkage of concrete. When concrete mixed with potassium hydroxide is cured at room temperature, the shrinkage of the first two months is slightly larger, and the shrinkage of the concrete mixed with agent after three months is smaller than that of the concrete not added.
3. Anti Doping property. With its concrete, its impermeability is higher than that of the concrete without admixture.
4. Creep of concrete. The creep degree of the concrete with admixture is smaller than that of the concrete without admixture, and the creep coefficient is also smaller, so when it is used for prestressed concrete, it can still retain the necessary performance.
5. Other properties, such as carbonation and corrosion of the added concrete have been reported. Generally, under normal use, no adverse effects were found.
You have learned about the above impact of potassium hydroxide on concrete, and you have further learning. Adding it to concrete can enhance the strength of use, so as to achieve the purpose of economic application. But also remind you to add the right amount, not too much or too little.