1. The raw material of diaphragm electrolysis is potassium hydroxide dissolves into saturated solution in the salt bath. Potassium carbonate, caustic potassium and barium chloride are added to remove impurities such as calcium, magnesium and sulfate at 90 ~C respectively. The refined potassium hydroxide solution containing 280 to 315 g/L of potassium hydroxide is preheated to 70~75 ~C for electrolysis to obtain potassium hydroxide, chlorine and hydrogen. The concentration of potassium hydroxide obtained by diaphragm method is 10% to 11%. The solution containing 45% to 50% potassium hydroxide is prepared by evaporation, concentration and cooling clarification. The solid potassium hydroxide can also be obtained by continuous concentration in soda pot, decolorization, or flake-like potassium hydroxide products.
2. Preparation of electrolyte for mercury electrolysis and diaphragm electrolysis. Graphite (or metal) is used as the anode and mercury as the cathode in the electrolysis chamber. The chlorine gas produced by the electrolysis is sent to the chlorine gas drying process, and the potassium amalgam produced is flowed into the chamber. Most unreacted potassium hydroxide is treated in dilute brine and returned to the raw material dissolution process. Potassium amalgam reacts with clear water to produce potassium hydroxide and hydrogen. Because the concentration of potassium hydroxide from the mercury dissolving chamber is 45% to 50%, it can be used as liquid potassium hydroxide product, and can be steamed and concentrated to solid alkali or made into flake potassium hydroxide product by boiling soda pot.
3. Industrial production of potassium hydroxide is an aqueous solution of electrolytic potassium hydroxide. Because potassium hydroxide is more difficult to dehydrate than sodium hydroxide, the purity of commercial products can only reach 85% to 86%. Purification can be carried out in the same way as the purification of sodium hydroxide.
4. Potassium hydroxide is refined, preheated and continuously injected into the cell. The electrolyte is concentrated and decolorized.
5. Using ion exchange membrane method, potassium hydroxide as anode chamber material, pure water as cathode chamber material, under the action of DC field, K + ion enters the cathode chamber through selective anode membrane to form reagent potassium hydroxide with OH-ion. Solid potassium hydroxide is obtained by concentration and drying. The gas products O 2 and H 2 are discharged from the catheter respectively.
The above content is organized and published by potassium hydroxide manufacturers. For more information, please click on http://www.jinhao360.com.