Potassium hydroxide is a kind of white flake solid chemical raw material, widely used in various fields, generally used in medicine, daily chemical and other industries. Since this product is widely used, we should have a deeper understanding of it. As a basic chemical raw material, how about its properties and stability? Let's take a look today.
1. Dissolution: when exposed to air, it is easy to absorb carbon dioxide and water, and gradually become potassium carbonate. It is easy to dissolve in water and release a lot of heat when dissolving. It has a strong water absorption ability. It can absorb water in the air and dissolve, and absorb carbon dioxide and gradually become potassium carbonate. Potassium hydroxide is soluble in ethanol and slightly soluble in ether. Strong alkalinity and corrosiveness, similar to caustic soda. Can cause burns. It is easy to absorb water and carbon dioxide from the air.
2. Stability: stable;
3. Prohibited compounds: strong acid, flammable or combustible, carbon dioxide, anhydrides, acyl chloride;
4. Conditions to avoid contact: humid air;
5. Polymerization hazard: no polymerization;
6. Decomposition product: potassium oxide.
The above is an introduction to the properties and stability of potassium hydroxide. From the content of the above article, we know that this product is deliquescent and has good stability. Xiaobian thinks that we must have a full understanding of the product before use, so as to better help us operate, give full play to the advantages of the product, and ensure work efficiency.