Potassium hydroxide is alkaline, soluble in water and strongly corrosive. Dissolved in water gives off a lot of heat. Owing to the decomposition of carbohydrates by hydroxides, the risk of acid corrosion is more serious. The corroded skin usually presents deep burns and is difficult to heal. Once the eyes or skin contact, the injured part should be washed with water for more than 15 minutes, and immediately seek medical treatment. Oral treatment can burn the digestive tract, which can be fatal.
Potassium hydroxide is alkaline and has the following properties:
1. Alkaline reaction: It can make litmus test solution blue and phenolphthalein test solution red.
2. Reaction with acids, such as hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid and nitric acid.
3. Reaction with acid oxides, such as carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide.
4. Reaction with amphoteric metals, such as aluminum.
5. Reaction with amphoteric oxides, such as alumina.
6. Reaction with amphoteric hydroxides.
7. Double decomposition reaction with transition element salt solution.
In addition, potassium hydroxide can also react with white phosphorus to produce phosphine gas. The content of this paper is the basic nature of this hydroxide. We should pay more attention to the product knowledge in the future operation and use, so as to prevent misuse and misuse. If you have any demand for such products, you can click on our official website to consult: http://www.jinhao360.com.