Potassium hydroxide has important applications in chemical industry because of its strong alkalinity and corrosiveness. It can be widely used in drying agent, adsorbent, refractory adhesives and other fields. So let's take a look at the preparation of its refractory adhesives.
(1) Raw materials and formulations
(1) refractory formula material ratio / kg material ratio / kg potassium hydroxide 8 metal silicide 30 powder sodium carbonate 7 water 60.
Inorganic refractory formula ratio/mass ratio/mass refractory solution 10 rice husk 5 old newspaper 80 cotton 5.
(2) Preparation of Potassium Hydroxide Refractory Adhesive
(1) Preparation method of refractory solution: 8 kg granular potassium hydroxide, 7 kg powdered sodium carbonate (soda ash) (Xunizi Glass Co., Ltd.) and 30 kg metal silicide were added into the reactor in turn, and 60L water was added. Where natural reactions begin, free radical reactions begin at a lower level of potassium hydroxide, and convection occurs from the bottom to the top of the reaction pool. The reaction temperature increases naturally. When the reaction temperature is in the range of 80 ~ 90 C, the reaction is in the active state. The reaction temperature should not exceed 92 C. The reaction was completed in about 10 hours and the solid was separated. About 48l refractories (about 70kg) can be obtained. Residual solids are metal silicides. If washed with water, about 22 kilograms of metal silicide will be left behind. In the remaining metal silicide blocks, about 8 kg of metal silicide blocks with a total amount of 30 kg were added for secondary reaction. In the same way as the main reaction, 8 kg of fine-grained potassium hydroxide and 7 kg of powder sodium carbonate (soda ash) (abstinent glass company limited) were added to the reaction tank, followed by 22 kg of residual metal silicide and 8 kg of new metal silicide from the main reaction, followed by 60 l of water, to start secondary fire resistance. The preparation reaction of the material. Prepare, according to the first adding granular potassium hydroxide, then adding sodium carbonate (soda) powder, then adding metal silicide blocks, then adding water sequentially, low level potassium hydroxide starts to react, can form a flow up and down positive reaction, preparation of good fire resistance.
(2) The preparation of refractory adhesive: refractory liquid, cut old newspaper (other old paper can also be used), rice husk and cotton are put into the reaction tank respectively, and the refractory material is produced by fully mixing.
(3) If the properties of this refractory adhesive are coated with refractory materials, the coated wood will not burn for 30 minutes near the 1000-c flame. The lightweight refractories were prepared by dewatering the refractory mixture under pressure to 45% moisture content and pressing at 180 C for 1 h. The fire was observed for 30 minutes at 1500 C. Ten minutes later, the surface of the fire was ceramized. After burning for 30 minutes, cut the fire into large pieces. In addition, refractories have good sound insulation and impact resistance. Its cutting, sawing, screw and other processing properties are similar to wood.
The above is the preparation method and related knowledge of potassium hydroxide fire retardant glue. This fire retardant glue can replace traditional cardboard, polystyrene foam plastic and other metal boards. It can be used to prepare cold quality, TV case, packaging materials and furniture, kitchenware, etc. It has great functions. I hope you can understand.